Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Think

What causes an
Overreaction...
What is it inside of us
That convinces us to not
Think things through.
I don't understand.
And then the pain comes,
Of the one you misjudged
And who suffered the
Consequences
Of your overreaction...
Why does the world have to be
A scary place?
What is so seductive about being
Untrustworthy
So that one can take the
Advantage?
I despise living in this world.
I wish I had been born in
A happier time.
What is so exhilirating about
Death
Destruction
Affairs
Sex
Rape
Murder
Deception...
What has happened to
The people of this world...
Where did we go
Wrong?
And how?

1 comment:

  1. good question. I think the biggest thing is that people just started to think that they knew better instead of trusting morals and faith and religion. They started to rely on their knowledge instead of the wisdom of the older generations and of God. It's hard to make good decisions when you are only relying on what you know and what you understand because we are all so limited in our perceptions. I don't know if what I am trying to say is making sense. I think that the more people rely on people and less on God, the harder it is for them to see the light and for them to see more clearly the consequences of their actions. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete